Choosing Data on Disk
The General->Files/Directories chooser allows you to select data or a directory from your file system. For more information on using this chooser, see Getting Started - Displaying Local Files.
Image 1: File Chooser
- Data Type -
Selects the type of data. If left as "I'm Feeling Lucky", McIDAS-V will figure out what kind of data is in the file by the filename itself.
This can be overridden by selecting the type of data the file contains from the pull down menu. See the data formats and sources available.
- Look In - Selects the folder to search for data files.
- Up One Level - Moves you up one folder level in your local file system.
- Desktop - Takes you to the Desktop folder of your local file system.
- Create New Folder - Creates a new folder.
- List - Switches the view to a listing of all folders and files in the current path.
- Details - Switches the view to a detailed list of all folders and files in the current path.
- Show History Menu - Shows a list of the last 15 folders that data was loaded from.
- File Name - Selects the file or files selected.
- Files of Type - Narrows down the
files shown in a folder to a specific data type.
- Recent Files - Selects the number of files you want to search for by an absolute number, or by the files that have been updated in a certain number of minutes.
- Refresh - Automatically updates the files and their displays. Change the number of minutes to control the update frequency.
- File Pattern - Selects the pattern for the files you want to poll on.
- Verify - Verifies the files that will be scanned.
- Include Hidden Files - Includes hidden files in the polling.
- Help - Brings up this help page.
- Refresh - Rescans the current directory and update the file chooser if the files have changed.
- - Loads the file(s) selected. The data file(s) will appear in the Field Selector tab.