Choosing Satellite Imagery
The Satellite->Imagery chooser allows you to access satellite imagery on local or remote ADDE servers. For more information on how to use this chooser, see Getting Started - Displaying Satellite Imagery.
Image 1: Satellite Imagery Chooser
- Server - Selects the server to be used. Enter in a server name or choose one from the pulldown menu. Right-click in the entry box to manage your ADDE servers and to delete the server from the list.
- Manage - Manages the list of servers by opening the ADDE Servers tab of the User Preferences window.
- Dataset - Selects the dataset to be used. Enter in a dataset name or choose one from the pulldown menu.
- Public Datasets - Lists the public datasets available on the server. This button looks for any datasets contained in the PUBLIC.SRV file on the server. If this file doesn't exist, or if there are no datasets in this file that can be used by this chooser, then no datasets will be returned.
- - Connects and queries the server for available image types.
- Image Type - Selects the image type.
- Times: Relative - Allows you to select a group of up to the last 100 times.
- Times: Absolute - Allows you to select one or more absolute times. When choosing absolute times for the first time, McIDAS-V needs to query the ADDE server for the times. This may take some time. To select more than one time use Ctrl+click or Shift+click. See the Timeline Controls section for details on its use. There are a couple of buttons in this tab that allow for controlling which times are available:
- - Requests the server to list all of the relevant times. By default, only the 100 most recent times will be listed. Dependent on the server and number of images, clicking this button may take some time to populate the times panel.
- - Narrows down a large dataset to a single day. For real time datasets, this button will say "Select Day" until the user clicks a button and selects a date. At this point, the button will change to say the date selected (e.g. "2016-06-01") instead of "Select Day". In the case of an archive dataset, the button will say the date right away since a date must be selected before the times panel can be populated.
- Match Time Driver - Selects times that match the time driver, assuming one has been set. For more on this feature, see Time Matching. This option is only available if a time driver has been set in the session.
- Navigation - Selects one of the available navigation types. Use Default for most images, and Lat/Lon if LALO navigation should be used. Level 1b servers and POES servers often require Lat/Lon navigation to be used.
- Preview - Displays a preview of the image in the Region tab of the Field Selector. If this box is unchecked, then only a map of the image coverage area will be shown without any data.
- Help - Brings up this help page.
- Refresh - Updates the Imagery chooser with the most recent data.
- Cancel - Cancels the query of data. The chooser will reset back to default.
- - Loads the selected data.