2013.1 Fastrack Version
11 January 2013 McIDAS Help Desk email notification to McIDAS Site
Coordinators and the mcidas-users list:
McIDAS-X Fastrack version 2013.1 was recently added to the McIDAS
The significant changes for McIDAS-X version
2013.1 include the following:
- Changed support of McIDAS-X on Apple, HP and Microsoft systems as follows:
- On Mac OS X systems, changed support from 10.6 and 10.7 to 10.7 and 10.8. Along with this
change, the issues that prevented use of the McIDAS-X GUI, Configuration GUI and ASK1 command
on OS X 10.6 and later have been resolved, so they are now supported on OS X 10.7 and 10.8
systems running McIDAS-X 2013.1.
- No longer support McIDAS-X on HP-UX or Windows XP systems. Support for these platforms ended
01 January 2013, as originally announced in the
System Support Plans.
- Updated the Meteosat calibration module with correct coefficients for Meteosat-10 and -11.
EUMETSAT's 18 Dec 2012 press release, Meteosat-10 is scheduled to replace Meteosat-9 as the
prime operational satellite at 0 degrees on 21 January 2013. To display Meteosat-10 data
correctly (with accurate calibration) the data source must have McIDAS-X 2013.1 installed. So if
the Meteosat-10 data is on the user's local workstation, the user must have 2013.1 installed on
the workstation. If the Meteosat-10 data is on a remote server it will be displayed correctly if
the remote server is updated to 2013.1 (or if the user copies the data to a local workstation
that is updated to 2013.1).
- Updated the COMS calibration module to give the correct albedo values (0.0 to 100%).
- Added new keyword GATEway= to DATALOC command. The new keyword adds the ability to
specify a gateway for SSH tunneling of ADDE transfers. For more information, see the
Transaction Logging and
documentation in the McIDAS User's Guide.
- Updated the station database (file STNDB.CORE) to include five new TAF stations (KADF,
KCXP, KSDL, KHND, K36U) and changed the VOR station ID for Vero Beach from VRB to TRV.
McIDAS User Services issues its McIDAS-X software updates via fully-supported Fastrack
releases (including online documentation updates). This means that the software is fully
supported by SSEC, and that each change to the software has been tested on all of the
supported workstation configurations. Full system testing occurs at least once on each
platform during each calendar year.
If you have questions about this release, call the McIDAS Help Desk at (608)
262-2455, or send
email to the Help Desk.