free, open source software for 3D geophysical data analysis and visualization
McIDAS-V is a free, open source, visualization and data analysis software package that is the fifth generation in SSEC's 35+ year history of sophisticated McIDAS (Man computer Interactive Data Access System) software packages. McIDAS-V displays weather satellite (including hyperspectral) and other geophysical data in 2- and 3-dimensions, and can be used to analyze and manipulate the data with its powerful mathematical functions.
More McIDAS-V features and characteristics:
- Java-based, open-source, and freely available;
- Is built on VisAD and IDV and incorporates the functionality of McIDAS-X and HYDRA for viewing data, developing algorithms, and validating results;
- Includes tools for research and operational users of observational, model, and satellite data, including data from multi- and hyper-spectral sensors on both current and future satellites;
- Allows automatic reprojection of both local and remote data for easy integration of different data sources and formats; and
- Includes a “bridge” to McIDAS-X, allowing –X users to continue using legacy code in -X, while visualizing in McIDAS-V
The McIDAS-V development effort has been greatly assisted by open source licenses for YourKit Java Profiler.
- YourKit is kindly supporting open source projects with its full-featured Java Profiler. YourKit, LLC is the creator of innovative and intelligent tools for profiling Java and .NET applications. Take a look at YourKit's leading software products: YourKit Java Profiler and YourKit .NET Profiler.
- system requirements, installers, instructions
user's guide, tutorials, instructional videos
- free support forums available
purchase additional support or training
summary slide for use in your presentations
McIDAS-V citations for papers
- Papers and presentations featuring McIDAS-V
Who We Are
- VisAD - Visualization for Algorithm Development
- IDV - Integrated Data Viewer
- McIDAS-X - Man computer Interactive Data Access System
- HYDRA - HYperspectral-viewer for Development of Research Applications