SDI-104 POES Relay version 20080917
Software and Instructions
The SDI-104 POES Relay package is supported
with POES data received via relay from the Wallops Island, VA or Gilmore Creek,
AK relay stations. Version 20080917 of the package contains many changes,
including the removal of forking behavior to improve stability and the addition
of an undoubling process to remove bit-doubled HRPT data. See the
SDI-104 POES Relay Software Changes page
to see the list of changes for all versions of SDI-104 POES Relay available
on the McIDAS Website.
You can obtain the SDI-104 POES Relay version 20080917 files through this webpage if
you purchased MUG support for your SDI-104 POES Relay system or have been contacted and
been given apporoval by SSEC. You will be prompted for your site's login and
password when you attempt to download the installation files. If you do not
know the login and password, ask your site coordinator. If you know the login
and password and still have a problem obtaining these files via the web, ask
your site coordinator to contact the McIDAS Help Desk by e-mail or by phone at (608) 262-2455.
Complete the following steps to obtain and install the SDI-104 POES Relay software.
- Download the following two files to a workstation that can be accessed by your SDI-104 POES Relay ingestor.
- Log on to the SDI-104 POES Relay ingestor as root and copy the files obtained in step 1 to the ingestor's /tmp directory.
- Stop the ingestor.
- Run the update script to select, and then install, SDI-104 POES Relay version 20080917.
Type: cd /tmp
Type: /opt/bin/python ./SdiMaint.py
- When prompted by the script for the device or directory name, enter the following.
- The script should find the sdi104-poes-relay-20080917.tar file and show that version in the "ADDED" list. Confirm the update and install the software by entering the following.
- Reboot the ingestor.