GVAR version 20111205
Software and Instructions
This version (20111205) is the third update to the current SDI-104
GVAR full release (20080930). The install files for this version are no longer available
because a more recent update is available. See the SDI
for the latest full
) and update (20120111
SDI-104 GVAR version 20111205 contains the most recent calibration coefficient
updates for GOES-14 and GOES-15 and an updated GVAR server to fix a problem
that can occur if attempting to copy a full disk GOES visible image at full
resolution using IMGCOPY with BAND=1 SIZE=SAME STYPE=VISR. See the SDI-104
GVAR Software Changes page to see the list of changes for all versions
of SDI-104 GVAR available on the McIDAS Website.
You can obtain the SDI-104 GVAR version 20111205 files through this webpage if
you purchased MUG support for your SDI-104 GVAR system or have been contacted
and been given apporoval by SSEC. You will be prompted for your site's login
and password when you attempt to download the installation files. If you do
not know the login and password, ask your site coordinator. If you know the
login and password and still have a problem obtaining these files via the
web, ask your site coordinator to contact the McIDAS Help Desk by
e-mail or by phone at (608) 262-2455.
Complete the following steps to obtain and install the SDI-104 GVAR software.
- Download the following two files to a workstation that can be accessed by your SDI-104 GVAR ingestor.
||compressed tar file containing the server binaries
- Log on to the SDI-104 GVAR ingestor as root and copy the files obtained in step 1 to the ingestor's /tmp directory.
- Stop the ingestor.
- Run the update script to select, and then install, SDI-104 GVAR version 20111205.
Type: cd /tmp
Type: /opt/bin/python ./SdiMaint.py
- When prompted by the script for the device or directory name, enter the following.
- The script should find the adde-gvar-20111205.tar.gz file
and show that version in the "ADDED" list. Confirm the update and install the
software by entering the following.
- Restart the ingestor.