CALL FOR PAPERS
The third Community Satellite Processing Package (CSPP) and International MODIS/AIRS Processing Package (IMAPP) Users’ Group Meeting was held in Madison, Wisconsin from 27-29 June 2017 at the Fluno Center on the campus of the University of Wisconsin. The goal of the meeting was to bring together the worldwide community of CSPP Low Earth Orbit (LEO) and IMAPP users to discuss issues relevant to reception, processing, and applications of data acquired by direct broadcast from Suomi NPP, Terra, and Aqua. In addition, we were pleased to include the CSPP Geostationary (Geo) direct broadcast satellite community this year, including GOES-16 and Himawari-8 users.
Presentations related to other satellite missions including POES, Metop, GCOM, FY, and Meteor were also
welcome. Topics for discussion included:
- Local usage and application of CSPP LEO and IMAPP products from VIIRS, CrIS, ATMS, MODIS, AIRS, AMSU;
- CSPP Geo product usage and applications from GOES-16 (formerly GOES-R), and Himawari-8;
- CSPP and IMAPP Level 2 software overview and updates;
- CSPP and IMAPP software technical topics, including related software packages;
- Status of current and future environmental satellite missions and sensors;
- Feedback and guidance to the CSPP and IMAPP development teams on current products and future priorities;
- Satellite data analysis and visualization applications;
- LEO and GEO ground stations and hardware.
The Fluno Center is the premier meeting facility at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. Built in the natural elegance of Frank Lloyd Wright's Prairie Style, with simple and harmonious furnishings, and an atmosphere focused on creative, collaborative learning, this state-of-the-art conference center is close to downtown Madison.
The meeting was held in the Howard Auditorium (pictured), and in-house guest rooms were available for the meeting. Lunches and breaks were included in the registration fee. There was an ice breaker reception on Tuesday evening, sponsored by Orbital Systems and Quorum Communications, as well as a group outing on Wednesday evening to the Madison Mallards baseball game, sponsored by Soletop, with transportation sponsored by SeaScape.
For more information, contact Maria Vasys.