Applications currently on my Powerbook (not inlcuding standard OS X Apps):
- Adobe Acrobat Professional 6
- Preview is great for viewing pdf, but Acrobat Professional is extremely useful if you need to do anything more with pdf files.
- Adobe GoLive 6
- A nice webpage generation interface. Adobe's answer to Dreamweaver.
- Adobe Illustrator 10
- Great vector drawing program. The learning curve is a bit steep at times, but simple tasks are very straight forward.
- Adobe Livemotion 2
- This came packaged with GoLive. I haven't had much of a chance to use this App.
- Audio Recorder
- Nice and simple tool for recording audio directly to AIFF or MP3; useful for meetings. Link goes to product info at versiontracker.
- FastTrack Schedule 8
- Project scheduling application.
- Filemaker Pro 6
- Database software. I'd like to try out Filemaker Mobile as well, but have not been able to get past install problems with it on my machine.
- The Fink project is an effort to bring Unix open-source software to OS X.
- Open-source gui for Fink software packaging system.
- Free App for recording video clips from the iSight.
- Grab Photos Carbon
- Free App taking photos with the iSight.
- HackTV Carbon
- Carbonized version of HackTV for Mac OS X.
- iDVD 3
- A part of the iLife package. Easy to use App if you're interested in burning home movies and slide shows to DVD.
- The Apple subculture won't be happy with this statement, but I actually prefer PowerPoint. Powerpoint is entrenched as the presentation standard, and I've had compatibility problems between the two Apps. Keynote does produce "prettier" slideshows and has much better clip art, but is clunky for printing handouts.
- Nice utitlity for monitoring CPU usage; dock or window display options.
- Mathematica 5.0
- Haven't had a chance to use the OS X version yet.
- Matlab 6.5
- Standard array arithmetic, and numerical solutions software App. Works fairly well in OS X, especially since the upgrade to Panther.
- Microsoft Office X
- Omnigraffle Pro 3
- Quicktime Broadcaster
- Free App to save or broadcast DV streams from the iSight.
- Roxio Toast 6 Titanium
- Reliable CD and DVD burning and cloning package.
- GUI for ssh-agent and ssh-add on Mac OS-X.
- Virtual PC 6
- PC/Windows emulation; now a Microsoft product.
- XRG: X Resource Graph
- Open source system monitor for OS X. If you like gkrellm for Unix/Linux, you should like this one. Complete with optional weather and stock tickers.