2019 CSPP Users’ Group Meeting
The 4th Community Satellite Processing Package (CSPP) Users’ Group Meeting was held from 25-27 June 2019 at the Shangri-La Hotel located in the heart of Chengdu, China. The goal of the meeting was to bring together the worldwide community of CSPP Low Earth Orbit (LEO) and Geostationary Earth Orbit (Geo) users. We discussed issues relevant to reception, processing, applications, and innovations of data acquired by direct broadcast from meteorological satellites including NOAA-20, Suomi NPP, GOES-16/17, FY-3/4, Metop, Himawari, EPS-SG, Meteor-M and GCOM. Presentations related to other satellite missions were also welcome. The meeting language was English.
Topics for discussion included:
- Local usage and application of CSPP LEO and CSPP Geo software products;
- CSPP Level 2 software overview and updates;
- CSPP software technical topics, including related software packages (e.g., AAPP);
- Status of current and future environmental satellite missions and sensors;
- Technical innovations in algorithms, processing and applications, including cloud processing, artificial intelligence, machine learning and very low latency solutions;
- Feedback and guidance to the CSPP LEO/Geo development teams on current products and future priorities;
- Satellite data analysis and visualization applications;
- LEO and Geo ground stations and hardware.
- National Satellite Meteorological Center (NSMC), China Meteorological Administration (CMA), Beijing China
- Chengdu University of Information and Technology (CUIT), Chengdu China
- HUAYUN ShineTek, Beijing China
- Cooperative Institute for Meteorological Satellite Studies (CIMSS)/ Space Science and Engineering Center (SSEC), University of Wisconsin-Madison, WI USA
POINTS OF CONTACT:
Abstracts, Agenda, and Technical Issues:
- Liam Gumley, Liam.Gumley@ssec.wisc.edu
- Kathy Strabala, Kathy.Strabala@ssec.wisc.edu
- Graeme Martin, Graeme.Martin@ssec.wisc.edu
- Jessica Braun, Jessica.Braun@ssec.wisc.edu
Call for Papers (PDF for download)
Flyer (PDF for download)
For more information, contact Maria Vasys.