JSani: Version 2
Version 2.84.beta | 2016-Jan-27:
- Added zoom button help - when enabled, clicking on the zoom button (if present) will show instructions on how to use the zoom button / mode. See the examples section for more information.
Show previous versions ▲ Hide previous versions ▼
Version 2.82.beta | 2016-Jan-20:
- Added the framelabel option. See the examples section for more information.
Version 2.81.beta | 2016-Jan-05:
- Added the resizeAnim method to JSani that can be used to resize the animation. See
the resize.html page for an example.
Note: this feature / method currently will reset the zoom mode to unzoomed. The ability to preserve the animation frames zoomed in size and position is planned to be added later.
- Bug fix: dragging to roam while in zoom mode will now longer select buttons in the animation
- Added the resizeAnim method to JSani that can be used to resize the animation. See the resize.html page for an example.
Version 2.77.beta | 2015-Dec-15:
- Refactored code to make continued development easier - no changes to the outward behavior of JSani.
Version 2.75.beta | 2015-Dec-10:
- Added a simple script loader (see example) and updated to beta status
Version 2.70.alpha | 2015-Oct-26:
- New controls: firstframe and lastframe
Version 2.68.alpha | 2015-Aug-26:
- Bug fix: when in zoom mode and page isn't scrolled to the top, click to zoom didn't work correctly
- Bug fix: clicking on the zoom mode would cause the animation to shift to the left in some situations
Version 2.66.alpha | 2015-May-19:
- Bug fix: when in zoom mode, JSani was erroneously registering clicks on control buttons as a click to zoom event
- added first_frame_pause, last_frame_pause and frame_pause options
Version 2.65.alpha | 2015-Mar-19:
- baseDir option can now be empty or not specified
- removed extraneous right border on right-most button
- added some logic so that if JSani target container is set to a very small size and an error occurs, the JSani target container's size will be increased so that it can contain the error message
Version 2.62.alpha | 2014-Dec-22:
- a jQuery UI progress bar that shows the progress of preloading the images for the animation has been implemented
- basic animation controls are working
- overlays and other version 1 features are NOT implemented yet
A new version of JSani (version 2) is currently being developed. This new version will focus on the following:
- continue to be easy to use
- backwards compatible with Version 1 as appropriate (i.e., this version will strive to work with version 1 config, when this version is finished)
- using HTML5 Canvas instead of DOM images (this will allow for new features and will fix the Firefox flicker issue)
- easy to customize and extend:
- it is being developed as a jQuery Widget
- will provide a public API that developers can use to extend and customize JSani
- leverage new web technologies, including HTML5 Canvas
- add a number of features from Tom Whittaker's Java and Flash based
- Frame labels
- Frame toggle boxes
- and more ...
- add new features (to be anounced later)
Version 2 (when finished) will contain all version 1's existing features.