Preliminary Release of MTG FCI ADDE Servers
This is the preliminary release of MTG FCI ADDE servers for McIDAS-X. You must be running McIDAS-X v. 2022.1 in order for the data to be used in McIDAS-X. The current status of the servers is documented in McIDAS-X Inquiry #17383. These bugs will be fixed in 2023 after the December 2022 launch of the satellite. Follow these instructions to install the python FCI ADDE servers:
- Log on to the workstation as user mcidas.
- Download the appropriate tar file for your Operating System and place in ~mcidas.
- Uncompress the tar file. In ~mcidas,
Type: tar zxvf pyadde2022-Linux.tar.gz
Type: tar zxvf pyadde2022-macOS.tar.gz
- Link the servers to ~mcidas using the commands below.
Type: cd pyadde2022
- Running this package on macOS requires disabling the code signing security check. On macOS only, as a user with Administrator privileges, complete the following steps.
- In a terminal, type: spctl developer-mode enable-terminal
- Open System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy
- Scroll down to “Developer Tools”
- Authenticate (lock icon in lower left) and tick the checkbox next to Terminal.
- In a McIDAS session as user mcadde for remote datasets, or as a local user for local datasets, create the datasets.
Type: DSSERVE ADD GROUP/DESCRIPTOR FCIP TYPE=IMAGE DIRFILE=/data_location/*
For example: DSSERVE ADD MTG/FD FCIP TYPE=IMAGE DIRFILE=/data/fci/*