Choosing NEXRAD Level III Radar Data
The Radar->Level III chooser allows you to choose NEXRAD Level III radar data on remote ADDE servers. For more information on how to use this chooser, see Getting Started - Displaying Level III Radar Imagery.
Image 1: Level III Radar Chooser
- Server - Selects the server to be used. Enter in a server name or choose one from the pulldown menu. Right click in the entry box to manage your ADDE servers and to delete the server from the list.
- Manage - Manages the list of servers by opening the ADDE Servers tab of the User Preferences window.
- Dataset - Selects the dataset to be used. Enter in a dataset name or choose one from the pulldown menu.
- Public Datasets - Lists the public datasets available on the server. This button looks for any datasets contained in the PUBLIC.SRV file on the server. If this file doesn't exist, or if there are no datasets in this file that can be used by this chooser, then no datasets will be returned.
- - Connects to and queries the server for available radar types and stations.
- Product - Selects a radar product.
- Station - Selects a station using the map. Once a station and a product have been selected, the ADDE server will be queried as to the available times. The Declutter checkbox allows you to show all stations (not checked), or only a limited number of stations that do not overlap each other (checked). You will need to zoom in to see all the stations without overlaps. Use the Zooming and Panning options to locate a station, or the following buttons:
- Zoom In - Zooms in over the current map area.
- Zoom Out - Zooms out over the current map area.
- Previous Map Area - Returns to the previous map area.
- Home Map Area - Returns to the default map area.
- Move View Up - Moves the view up (map down).
- Move View Down - Moves the view down (map up).
- Move View Left - Moves the view left (map right).
- Move View Right - Moves the view right (map left).
- Times: Relative - Allows for adding any number of relative (most recent) images.
- Times: Absolute - Allows for selecting one or more absolute times. When choosing absolute times for the first time McIDAS-V needs to query the ADDE server for the times. This may take some time. To select more than one time use Ctrl+click or Shift+click. See the Timeline Controls section for details on its use. Click on the Select Day button to narrow down a large dataset to one day.
- Match Time Driver - Selects times that match the time driver, assuming one has been set. For more information on this feature, see Time Matching. This option is only available if a time driver has been set in the session.
- Help - Brings up this help page.
- Refresh - Updates the Level III radar chooser with the most recent data.
- Cancel - Cancels the query of data and stations. The chooser will reset back to default.
- - Loads the selected radar data.