SDI-104 POES Relay version 20120801 Software and Instructions
The SDI-104 POES Relay package is supported with POES data received via relay from the Wallops Island, VA or Gilmore Creek, AK relay stations. Version 20120801 is the version running in the SSEC Data Center. It contains many updates from previous versions and is compatible with both DSL and Knoppix. See the SDI-104 POES Relay Software Changes page to see the list of changes for all versions of SDI-104 POES Relay available on the McIDAS Website.
You can obtain the SDI-104 POES Relay version 20120801 files through this webpage if you purchased MUG support for your SDI-104 POES Relay system or have been contacted and been given approval by SSEC. You will be prompted for your site’s login and password when you attempt to download the installation files. If you do not know the login and password, ask your site coordinator. If you know the login and password and still have a problem obtaining these files via the web, ask your site coordinator to contact the McIDAS Help Desk by e-mail or by phone at (608) 262-2455.
Complete the following steps to obtain and install the SDI-104 POES Relay software.
- Download the following two files to a workstation that can be accessed by your SDI-104 POES Relay ingestor.
File name Size Description SdiMaint.py 44 KB installation script sdi104-poes-relay-20120801.tar 4813 KB compressed tar file containing the server binaries, ingestor binaries, and data files
- Log on to the SDI-104 POES Relay ingestor as root and copy the files obtained in step 1 to the ingestor’s /tmp directory.
- Stop the ingestor.
- Type: pkill -nx inge
- Type: init 3
- Run the update script to select, and then install, SDI-104 POES Relay version 20120801.
- Type: cd /tmp
- Type: chmod +x SdiMaint.py
- Type: ./SdiMaint.py
- When prompted by the script for the device or directory name, enter the following.
- The script should find the sdi104-poes-relay-20120801.tar file and show that version in the “ADDED” list. Confirm the update and install the software by entering the following.
- Reboot the ingestor.
- Type:init 4
- (or reboot if you want a clean start)