I am head of the Technical Computing Group at the University of Wisconsin Space Science and Engineering Center. The Technical Computing Group at SSEC provides complete computing support and leadership for the Center and it's research programs focused on geophysical research and technology to enhance our understanding of the atmosphere of Earth and other planets.
Projects - SSEC Technical Computing Group
- Protecting Systems with OTP - Scott Nolin and Steve Barnet. 22 March, 2017
- Linux Configuration Management at SSEC - With Puppet, gitlab, and r10k. IT Professionals Conference 23 June, 2017
- Linux Configuration Management at SSEC - TEMPORARY LINK - With Puppet, gitlab, and r10k. IT Professionals Conference 23 June, 2017
- Lustre Metrics: New Techniques for Monitoring Lustre - LUG 2015 presentation
- Network port security - June 2012 - Physical port security discussion at UW. How to use 802.1x and mac authentication bypass methods for a database driven automated VLAN port assignment. 28 June, 2012
- Lustre Monitoring and Statistics - guide for monitoring lustre performance statistics, especially creating metrics and viewing with graphite-web and grafana
- Lustre on ZFS at SSEC - LAD 2013 Presentation
NOTE: information below moved to wiki.lustre.orgThe information below has been moved to the Lustre community wiki wiki.lustre.org. The focus of additional information will be the wiki, so check there for lustre details.
- Lustre ZFS Install - Installing Lustre with ZFS & RAID-Z2 This information is specific to our hardware configuration (Dell Poweredge servers and MD1200 arrays), but may be useful in general.
- Lustre Router Setup
- Lustre ZFS Backup
- Lustre ZFS JBOD Disk Replacement
- Lustre ZFS SRP Mirroring
- Lustre ZFS Upgrade
- Monitoring ZFS JBODs
- Robinhood Policy Engine
- ZFS Compression