SDI-104 GVAR version 20180713 Software and Instructions
SDI-104 GVAR version 20180713 is the version running in SSEC Satellite Data Services. It contains many updates from previous versions and is compatible with both DSL and Knoppix. See the SDI-104 GVAR Software Changes page to see the list of changes for all versions of SDI-104 GVAR available on the McIDAS Website.
You can obtain the SDI-104 GVAR version 20180713 files through this webpage if you purchased MUG support for your SDI-104 GVAR system or have been contacted and been given approval by SSEC. You will be prompted for your site’s login and password when you attempt to download the installation files. If you do not know the login and password, ask your site coordinator. If you know the login and password and still have a problem obtaining these files via the web, ask your site coordinator to contact the McIDAS Help Desk by e-mail or by phone at (608) 262-2455.
Complete the following steps to obtain and install the SDI-104 GVAR software.
- Download the following two files to a workstation that can be accessed by your SDI-104 GVAR ingestor.
File name Size Description SdiMaint.py 44 KB installation script sdi104-gvar-20180713.tar 5898 KB compressed tar file containing the server binaries, ingestor binaries, and data files
- Log on to the SDI-104 GVAR ingestor as root and copy the files obtained in step 1 to the ingestor’s /tmp directory.
- Stop the ingestor.
- Type: pkill -nx inge
- Type: init 3
- Run the update script to select, and then install, SDI-104 GVAR version 20180713.
- Type: cd /tmp
- Type: chmod +x SdiMaint.py
- Type: ./SdiMaint.py
- When prompted by the script for the device or directory name, enter the following.
- The script should find the sdi104-gvar-20180713.tar file and show “adde-gvar version 20180713” (and “inge-gvar version 20130502” if the ingestor was running a version older than 20130502) in the “ADDED” list. Confirm the update and install the software by entering the following.
- Reboot the ingestor.
- Type:init 4
- (or reboot if you want a clean start).