SDI-104 GVAR version 20130502
Software and Instructions
SDI-104 GVAR version 20130502 is the version running in the SSEC Data Center. It contains many updates from previous versions and is compatible with both DSL and Knoppix. See the
SDI-104 GVAR Software Changes page to see the
list of changes for all versions of SDI-104 GVAR available on the McIDAS Website.
You can obtain the SDI-104 GVAR version 20130502 files through this webpage if
you purchased MUG support for your SDI-104 GVAR system or have been contacted and
been given apporoval by SSEC. You will be prompted for your site's login and
password when you attempt to download the installation files. If you do not
know the login and password, ask your site coordinator. If you know the login
and password and still have a problem obtaining these files via the web, ask
your site coordinator to contact the McIDAS Help Desk by e-mail or by phone at (608) 262-2455.
Complete the following steps to obtain and install the SDI-104 GVAR software.
- Download the following two files to a workstation that can be accessed by your SDI-104 GVAR ingestor.
||compressed tar file containing the server binaries, ingestor binaries, and data files
- Log on to the SDI-104 GVAR ingestor as root and copy the files obtained in step 1 to the ingestor's /tmp directory.
- Stop the ingestor.
Type: pkill -nx inge
Type: init 3
- Run the update script to select, and then install, SDI-104 GVAR version 20130502.
Type: cd /tmp
Type: chmod +x SdiMaint.py
- When prompted by the script for the device or directory name, enter the following.
- The script should find the sdi104-gvar-20130502.tar file and show "inge-gvar version 20130502"
and "adde-gvar version 20120806" in the "ADDED" list. Confirm the update and install the software by entering
- Reboot the ingestor.
Type: init 4 (or reboot if you want a clean start)